Wayne Rooney has found an unlikely ally in Liverpool manager Juergen Klopp, who leapt to the defence of the Manchester United striker by saying the legends of the past “drank like devils”.Rooney apologised on Wednesday after images emerged of him on international duty looking worse for wear having dropped in on a wedding party over the weekend following Friday’s victory over Scotland at Wembley.The incident seemingly angered the Football Association who announced they would be reviewing what players are allowed to do in their free time, while Sky Sports reported United manager Jose Mourinho was furious that the forward had been with members of England’s backroom staff into the early hours of Sunday.”I feel sorry for the players,” Klopp told reporters on Thursday.”We live on the sunny side of life and all this stuff but in the end, maybe it is a surprise, there is a human being behind the kid.”This generation is the most professional generation of footballers – not only in England – we have ever had. All the legends you admire drank like devils and smoked like crazy and were still good players. Nobody does that anymore. I’ve no idea where Wayne was but I’m pretty sure it was not that serious.”The Liverpool boss is preparing his Premier League leaders for Saturday’s trip to Southampton, but will have to play a waiting game over the fitness of Adam Lallana.Lallana’s form this season has been superb with the midfielder having at last found his feet at the club after a mixed start at Anfield following a 25 million-pound ($31.19 million) move from Southampton in 2014.He continued his good start to the season on the international stage with goals in England’s games against Scotland and Spain, before suffering a groin injury against the latter at Wembley on Tuesday.”With Adam we don’t know yet exactly,” Klopp said.”Of course, nobody comes off the pitch when they don’t feel anything and I’ve spoken to him already, he felt (something) but we couldn’t do a scan until now, so we have to wait for this.”As you can imagine, it will be close. The time until Southampton is short, so I don’t know. Hopefully, it is not too serious, but we have to wait.”($1 = 0.8016 pounds)
After making an unofficial visit to Stillwater for homecoming this weekend, 2018 Southmoore, Okla. quarterback Casey Thompson has received an offer from Oklahoma State, he announced today.After a visit to Stillwater this weekend, I have received an offer from OSU??? pic.twitter.com/pqQ973qxLn— Casey Thompson (@LilThurm) October 26, 2015Thompson is enjoying a breakout sophomore campaign for Southmoore, as they stand at 7-1 on the season. He already has accounted for 34 total touchdowns through 8 games.AdChoices广告The scholarship from Oklahoma State makes his fourth overall, including others from Oregon State, SMU, and Arkansas State.Thompson is the little brother of former Oklahoma quarterback Kendall Thompson, and the son of former Oklahoma quarterback Charles Thompson. As the twittersphere would say, he has that #OUDNA, but that isn’t stopping the Cowboys from pursuing the dual-threat sophomore phenom. While you’re here, we’d like you to consider subscribing to Pistols Firing and becoming a PFB+ member. It’s a big ask from us to you, but it also comes with a load of benefits like ad-free browsing (ads stink!), access to our premium room in The Chamber and monthly giveaways.The other thing it does is help stabilize our business into the future. As it turns out, sending folks on the road to cover games and provide 24/7 Pokes coverage like the excellent article you just read costs money. Because of our subscribers, we’ve been able to improve our work and provide the best OSU news and community anywhere online. Help us keep that up.
Imam Mehedi HasanMembers of the Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) have arrested a young man named Mehedi Hassan who was said to have been a tech-savvy businessman.Now bearded, Mehedi Hassan was once a ramp model, according to RAB.A team of RAB conducted a drive in South Banasree under Khilgaon police station and arrested him, said a SMS sent by the elite force.On Thursday, he was introduced to the media as a ‘commander’ of the banned militant outfit Jama’atul Mujahideen Bangladesh (JMB).He was also named as Imam Mehedi Hasan alias Abu Jibril.Mehedi’s family, however, said he had been missing since 4 May.The family also registered a diary with Khilgaon police station in this regard. Mehedi’s father, Khorshed Alam, is a retired police officer.Mehedi has a BBA degree from Darul Ihsan University and he known as Mehedi among those who knew him as a model. He is said to be fluent in English.RAB said he was accused in two cases filed with Banani and Uttara police stations.RAB-3 commander Lt Col Tuhin Muhammad Masud told the media that Mehedi came in touch with a militant group in 2015.The RAB official claimed that Mehedi confessed to his involvement with the militants who carried out the Holey Artisan attack.
A US Navy destroyer sailed near islands claimed by China in the South China Sea on Tuesday, three US officials told Reuters, prompting anger in Beijing, even as president Donald Trump’s administration seeks Chinese cooperation in reining in North Korea’s missile and nuclear programs.The operation was the latest attempt to counter what Washington sees as Beijing’s efforts to limit freedom of navigation in the strategic waters. But it was not as provocative as previous ones carried out since Trump took office in January.The officials, speaking on condition of anonymity, said the Chafee, a guided-missile destroyer, carried out normal maneuvering operations that challenged “excessive maritime claims” near the Paracel Islands, among a string of islets, reefs and shoals over which China has territorial disputes with its neighbors.China’s defense ministry said on Wednesday that a warship, two fighter jets and a helicopter had scrambled to warn the US ship away, adding it had infringed upon China’s sovereignty and security with its “provocation”.China would further strengthen its naval and air defenses, the ministry said.“We demand the US side earnestly take steps to correct its mistakes,” it added.Speaking earlier at a daily news briefing in Beijing, Chinese foreign ministry spokeswoman Hua Chunying said China had lodged “stern representations” with the United States, and reiterated that the Paracels were Chinese territory.“China will continue to take resolute measures to protect Chinese sovereign territory and maritime interests. China urges the US to conscientiously respect China’s sovereign territory and security interests, conscientiously respect the efforts regional countries have made to protect peace and stability in the South China Sea, and stop these wrong actions.”Next month, Trump makes his first visit to Asia as president, including a stop in China, which he has been pressuring to do more to rein in North Korea. China is North Korea’s neighbor and biggest trading partner.Unlike in August, when a US Navy destroyer came within 12 nautical miles of an artificial island built up by China in the South China Sea, officials said the destroyer on Tuesday sailed close to but not within that range of the islands.Twelve nautical miles mark internationally recognized territorial limits. Sailing within that range is meant to show the United States does not recognize territorial claims.The Pentagon did not comment directly on the operation, but said the United States carried out regular freedom-of-navigation operations and would continue to do so.China’s claims in the South China Sea, through which about $5 trillion in shipborne trade passes each year, are contested by Brunei, Malaysia, the Philippines, Taiwan and Vietnam.Experts and some US officials have criticized former president Barack Obama for potentially reinforcing China’s claims by sticking to innocent passage, in which a warship effectively recognized a territorial sea by crossing it speedily without stopping.The US military has a long-standing position that its operations are carried out throughout the world, including in areas claimed by allies, and that they are separate from political considerations.The United States has said it would like to see more international participation in freedom-of-navigation operations in the South China Sea.NORTH KOREA ISSUETrump’s trip to Asia will likely be dominated by the North Korean nuclear threat. He will also visit South Korea, Japan, Vietnam and the Philippines.In recent weeks, North Korea has launched two missiles over Japan and conducted its sixth nuclear test, all in defiance of UN Security Council resolutions, and may be fast advancing toward its goal of developing a nuclear-tipped missile capable of hitting the US mainland.Trump’s visit to China will reciprocate a trip to the United States made in April by Chinese President Xi Jinping. The US president’s attempts to get Chinese help with North Korea have met with limited success so far, but he has gone out of his way to thank Xi for his efforts.