View post tag: USS Porter View post tag: europe View post tag: Navy View post tag: Naval View post tag: Breeze USS Porter Wraps Up Breeze 2015 The Arleigh Burke-class guided-missile destroyer USS Porter (DDG 78) departed Varna, Bulgaria July 13, following the conclusion of the Bulgarian naval exercise Breeze 2015.The annual Black Sea naval exercise involved 30 ships and 1,700 personnel including units from the Bulgarian, Greek, Turkish and Romanian navies.U.S. assets participating included the USS Porter (DDG 78) and a U.S. Navy P-3C Orion maritime patrol aircraft.USS Porter (DDG 78), forward deployed to Rota, Spain, is on a routine patrol conducting naval operations with allies and partners in the U.S. 6th Fleet area of operations in order to advance security and stability in the Black Sea region.[mappress mapid=”16472″]Image: US Navy Back to overview,Home naval-today USS Porter Wraps Up Breeze 2015 View post tag: News by topic Share this article Authorities July 13, 2015 View post tag: 2015
By Dialogo September 22, 2011 The Secretary of the Air Force Michael Donley and Chief of Staff Gen. Norton Schwartz have recently approved an implementation plan developed by Air Combat Command officials that will allow the F-22 Raptor to resume flight operations after a four-month stand down. The commander of Air Combat Command directed a stand-down of the fleet May 3 as a safety precaution, following 12 separate reported incidents where pilots experienced hypoxia-like symptoms. The incidents occurred over a three-year period beginning in April 2008. Officials remain focused on the priorities of aircrew safety and combat readiness. The return-to-fly plan implements several risk mitigation actions, to include rigorous inspections, training on life support systems, and continued data collection. “We now have enough insight from recent studies and investigations that a return to flight is prudent and appropriate,” Schwartz said. “We’re managing the risks with our aircrews, and we’re continuing to study the F-22’s oxygen systems and collect data to improve its performance.” In a task force approach to implementation, Air Combat Command officials developed a comprehensive incremental return-to-fly plan that balances safety and the expedient qualification of pilots against the inherent risks of flying advanced combat aircraft, officials said. The entire fleet will undergo an extensive inspection of the life support systems before returning to flight, with follow-on daily inspections, officials said. The aircraft is capable and authorized to fly above 50,000 feet. Pilots will use additional protective equipment and undergo baseline physiological tests. The return-to-fly process will begin with instructor pilots and flight leads regaining their necessary proficiency, then follow with other F-22 wingmen.
ILOILO City – Charged with recklessimprudence resulting to homicide, a man was arrested in Barangay Tabuc Suba,Jaro district. According to the police, Original –who had been hiding from the police for about two years – was caught on thestrength of an arrest warrant around 4:15 p.m. on Dec. 4, the report added. He was identified as 41-year-old EugeneOriginal II of Barangay Cubay, Jaro district, a police report showed. Police officers served the warrantissued by Judge Ma. Yolanda Panaguiton-Gavino of the Regional Trial CourtBranch 31. The suspect was detained in the Jaropolice station’s lockup facility./PN